|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 10 mins||Total time: 20 mins|
This is a quick recipe to create biscuits that can be used in various dishes or simply enjoyed on their own. For a healthier alternative we used sea salt in this recipe.
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. butter, soft
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Break butter into very small pieces and mix with flour until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk and form soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead 10-20 times.
- Roll out into a 1/2 thick disk and cut using biscuit cutters.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops turn slightly brown.