|Prep Time: 15 mins||Cooking Time: 10 mins||Total time: 25 mins|
Its that time of year again love is in the air and we are all looking at ways to pamper our loved ones on valentines day be that your significant other or your family. What better way of showing how much you love them by introducing a healthy alternative to chocolate chip cookies. Trust me they will love you down to the very last bite.
We have substituted bananas for eggs in this recipe to create a moist texture and provide natural sweetness. As an added benefit the reduction of eggs means you have less to worry about cholesterol meaning you can capture your honey’s heart without damaging the arteries!
- 2 cup whole wheat all purpose flour
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (soften)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease baking sheet with butter/oil.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer using a paddle attachment (I use the Kitchen Aid stand mixer) beat together the butter and sugar until yellow and fluff.
- Add the banana & milk and beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cacao, steel cut oats, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer bowl and blend.
- Combine liquid with the dry and mix then add in chocolate chips & walnuts
- Bake each tray for 10 minute and remove from oven and allow to cool