|Prep Time: 5 mins||Cooking Time: 5 mins||Total time: 10 mins|
Homemade Coconut milk is an amazing healthy alternative from cow’s milk and lactose free. Rather than having to climb trees to get your fresh coconut (not to mention the arduous task of cutting the coconut open) we are providing a recipe using unsweetened shredded coconuts.
- 2.5 cups fresh shredded coconut (or unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 4 cups room temperature water
- Place coconut shreds into high speed blender and add water.
- Blend on high until mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Pour through a mesh colander first and then squeeze through a cheese cloth to get coconut out.
- If all the water does not fit during step 1 place the coconut back into the blender and add remaining water and repeat.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days if the “cream” of the coconut milk separates to the top shake or stir before using.