|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 25 mins||Total time: 40 mins|
This week we bring to you crepes with an Indian twist which can be had for breakfast or lunch or better yet brunch! The crepes are made from chickpea flour and aromatic spices that will leave your palate craving more. This dish can also be made dairy free by substituting butter for cooking oil.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 hot green chile, finely chopped
- ½ finely chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp. ginger grated
- 2 tbsp. butter
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour and water. Whisk to get a smooth lump free consistency.
- Add the salt, turmeric, cumin seeds, onion, chile, tomato, ginger and 1 teaspoon of butter, and mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, drizzle a few drops of butter on the skillet. Spread the butter using a paper towel.
- Pour a ladle full (1/4 to ⅓ cup) of the batter onto the skillet.
- Spread the batter by moving the skillet to make a 6 to 8-inch crepe. Drizzle a few drops of melted butter on the edges of the crepe.
- Cook until the edges start to leave the pan and the bottom is golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Continue to make the rest of the crepes. Serve hot.