Serves: 12 patties
|Prep Time: 15 mins||Cooking Time: 30 mins||Total time: 45 mins|
We become accustomed deep fried falafels that you can grab at the local stand(s); many times these are not fresh. They pale in comparison to fresh falafels that can be cooked on your stove top (i.e. not deep fried) in a few minutes. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (parsley, mint & cilantro)
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 1 clover garlic
- 1-2 fresh thai peppers
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 lemons – squeezed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 5 tsp. water
- Combine chickpeas, onion, lemon juice, zucchini, carrot, 5 tsp. water, peppers, cumin, coriander turmeric, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in the herbs.
- Use your hands to pat the mixture into patties
- Heat a iron cast skillet with butter. Place skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 3 to 4 patties at a time, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes on each side.