|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 60 mins||Total time: 70 minutes|
A good bowl of Chili can make anyone’s day better. This classic recipe is plenty to feed a hungry family.
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 green bell peppers
- Heat butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add beans and bell peppers cook for 10 minutes.
Add water and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chili is thick, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.