|Prep Time: 15 mins||Cooking Time: 60 mins||Total time: 1 hour 15 mins|
Pineapple Fried Rice is a popular Thai dish. Our version is a healthy vegetarian recipe that incorporates the sweetness of Pineapples and Oranges with fresh Thai Spices cooked over high heat which enhance all the natural flavours.
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cups white rice
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- ½ orange
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 fresh Thai peppers
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or sesame seed oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- ½ finely diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup peas chopped
- Bring cups of water and rice to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Blend 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 orange, remaining 1/4 cup water, soy sauce and sriracha sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat and sauté onion, ginger, Thai peppers and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add carrot, bell pepper and peas and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining pineapple, and cook until pineapple is a golden brown.
- Add cooked rice to skillet, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add blended pineapple mixture, and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.