|Prep Time: 15 mins||Cooking Time: 25 mins||Total time: 40 minutes|
The name can be somewhat misleading, this is not paneer in chili con carne (or better known as chili stew). It’s a recipe for cottage cheese cooked in many types of peppers (bell, black, thai) and vegetables. It’s a classic Indian dish that will leave your palette wanting more.
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup paneer
- 1 tbsp methi
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 thai pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Peel and chop the onions, garlic and ginger and peppers.
- In a pot heat butter (medium high heat). Add cumin and coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and Thai peppers. Sauté until mixture becomes tender (4-5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and sauté mixture for 2-3 minutes
- Add bell peppers to mixture
- Add turmeric, salt and black pepper and cook for 2 minute creating a paste mixture.
- Add the paneer cubes and toss the contents well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and kasuri methi and combine.
- Finally, serve hot with rotis or naan.