|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 30 mins||Total time: 40 minutes|
Chickpeas are a great source of protein and help you feel satiated longer. The great thing about this recipe is it can be incorporated into many different meals and doesn’t take very long to make.
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 1 clover garlic
- 1-2 fresh peppers
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 potato
- Water as needed
- Peel and chop the onions, garlic and ginger and peppers.
- In a pot heat butter (medium high heat). Add onion, garlic, ginger and peppers. Sauté till it becomes soft (4-5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and sauté mixture for 2-3 minutes
- Add turmeric, salt, pepper, Cook for 2 minute creating a paste mixture.
- Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
- Stir in enough water to get a thick gravy bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add chickpea to mixture and cook chickpeas for 5-8 minutes .
- Adjust level of spice as required.
- Serve the Curry over Basmati Rice.