|Prep Time: 15 mins||Cooking Time: 45 mins||Total time: 60 minutes|
What to do if you have people in your life that don’t enjoy their spinach and broccoli? You should get them to try this recipe!
- 2 ½ cups broccoli
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 onion
- 6-7 clove of garlic
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 2 Thai peppers
- 2 tsp whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- In medium size pot boil chopped broccoli and roughly chopped spinach for 10 minutes
- Once the spinach and broccoli cool down remove from water and add to food processor and mix to coarse mixture. Put this mixture back in to the pot.
- Cook the saag for 15 minutes stirring couple of times.
- After 15 minutes add whole wheat flour, mix well and cook it for another 10 minutes. Switch off the heat and keep it aside.
- To make the seasoning take onion, garlic, ginger and Thai peppers and mix to coarse mixture in food processor.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the seasoning mixture and cook until mixture is golden. Add chopped tomato, turmeric and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the saag and cook for 5 minutes.
- Saag is ready to serve. Try it with chappati.