|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 30 mins||Total time: 40 mins|
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 celery stalk
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 carrots, diced
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Juice of a lime
- Heat the butter in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vegetables and cook for another minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Stir in the turmeric and season with salt and pepper.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add coconut milk and increase the heat to medium-high, returning the soup to a simmer.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze in the lime juice and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the soup topped with cilantro.