|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 20 mins||Total time: 30 minutes|
The great thing about fresh pesto is that it doesn’t take very long to make. In this case we decided to make a creamy thick pesto, that will have you wanting more!
- 400g fettuccini
- 1 batch spinach leaves
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon squeezed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 thai peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cups basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
To cook pasta:
- Cook fettuccini in a large saucepan of boiling water following package instructions
- Drain and set pasta aside.
To make pesto:
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto, place spinach into a medium bowl. Pour in boiling water, toss until leaves wilt. Drain and squeeze spinach dry.
- Place avocado into a food processor and add spinach, lemon juice, oil, garlic, basil, thai pepper, salt, pepper and toasted pine nuts. Process until smooth.
- Add in half of your choice of cheese.
- Add fettuccini and pesto to pan and gently toss over heat until combined.
- Serve with remainder cheese sprinkled on top