|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cooking Time: 110 mins||Total time: 120 mins|
It’s summertime and you have your barbeque grill just sitting there, wondering if it was worth the purchase. Well do we have a recipe for you! Try the grilled pizza with fresh dough for an unforgettable experience.
- Grill, gas or charcoal
- Metal tongs
- Metal spatula
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons active dry or instant yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red onions
- Green Peppers
- Olive oil
- Mix the water and yeast together in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for a few minutes until the yeast is dissolved. Stir the oil into the yeast mixture, then add the flour and salt. Mix with a spatula until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough by hand on the counter for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into 8 lumps. Grease a baking pan lightly with olive oil or baking spray. Place the dough lumps in the pan and turn them over so they are coated with oil. Cover the pan with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rise at room temperature for 60 mins, or until it has doubled in bulk.
- Heat the grill to about 550-600°F over direct heat.
- Brush one side of the dough with oil; this is the side you’ll lay down on the grill. Let the dough cook for about 2 minutes with the lid on. Use the tongs to lift up the dough from time to time, checking on how it is doing. Remove from Grill.
- Top the pizza by spreading a layer of sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Place the pizza back on grill and cook with the lid for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and check the pizza. The edges and the cheese should be crisp. Remove the pizza with the spatula or tongs. Let cool for 3 minutes, then cut into pieces and enjoy!